From mountains to mammals, everything is bigger in Alaska. In the 20+ hours of summer sunlight a day, even the produce grows to fair-winning proportions. Of course, the 70-pound Matanuska Valley cabbage is just the beginning of the big sights this sun-soaked tour of Alaska has to offer. Just wait until you cruise along the three-mile face of the Columbia Glacier, sail by the calving tidewater glaciers of Kenai Fjords National Park, and ascend into Denali National Park - home of North America's highest peak - by way of the world famous Alaska Railroad. Other big moments include panning for gold at Fairbanks' Gold Dredge #8, seeing a mushing demonstration at the home of an Iditarod champion, and witnessing the grandest of wildlife from Alaska's majestic coasts to its monumental crests. While spotting a giant whale, caribou, moose, or grizzly might be 'no biggie' to the locals, we think you'll agree, this Alaska vacation is huge. What's bigger and better than the whales, waterways, and whopping views of Alaska? Extending your Alaska vacation to see more of them. Add a leisurely cruise through the breathtaking Gulf of Alaska and Inside Passage to your Alaska vacation to see more wondrous wilderness and charming settlements. Enjoy scenic cruising around Glacier Bay National Park and time in the frontier capital of Juneau, the tranquil towns of Haines or Skagway, and totem-pole-dotted Ketchikan.
Call (386) 258-7600 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16580020
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 17 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Anchorage||Welcome to Anchorage! Meet your Tour Director between 3 pm and 7 pm in the hotel reception area.|
|Day 2||Anchorage-Valdez||ANCHORAGE Welcome orientation this morning. Scenic drive en route to Valdez includes Matanuska Valley and Bridal Veil Falls. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Valdez Cruise on Prince William Sound||VALDEZ [LF] Meet a local Alaskan fishing expert to learn more about the industry, the equipment used, and their daily lives. Scenic cruise on Prince William Sound to Columbia Glacier and Trans-Alaska Pipeline Terminal. Free time this evening. (B,L)|
|Day 4||VALDEZ-DELTA JUNCTION-FAIRBANKS||VALDEZ Scenic drive on Richardson Highway includes Delta Junction Roadhouse and Museum en route to Fairbanks. FAIRBANKS Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 5||Fairbanks||FAIRBANKS Train ride on narrow-gauge railroad to Gold Dredge #8 mine includes panning for gold. Riverboat cruise on the Chena River aboard the sternwheeler Discovery. Alaska salmon bake this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Denali National Park||ALASKA RAILROAD Scenic train trip to Denali National Park. DENALI NATIONAL PARK Free time this afternoon before dinner at the Murie Science & Learning Center with a [LF] Naturalist presentation. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Denali National Park||DENALI NATIONAL PARK Tundra Wilderness tour in the park with a naturalist driver guide. (B,L) ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Denali National Park with a helicopter flightseeing tour. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Your Globus Tour Director is happy to offer tips to make the most out of your free time!|
|Day 8||Anchorage||BIG LAKE Visit to Happy Trails Kennels includes meeting Iditarod champion Martin Buser and sled dogs. ANCHORAGE Visit the Alaska Native American Heritage Center. Farewell dinner includes Alaskan bush pilot presentation. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Anchorage||ANCHORAGE Guided sightseeing tour. Scenic drive along Turnagain Arm en route to Seward. SEWARD Scenic cruise through Kenai Fjords National Park before evening drive to Anchorage. (B,L)|
|Day 10||ANCHORAGE-WHITTIER (EMBARKATION)||WHITTIER Embark on a 7-Night cruise. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Cruising: Gulf of Alaska||GULF OF ALASKA Scenic cruise. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||CRUISING: GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK ||GLACIER BAY NATIONAL PARK (A UNESCO World Heritage Site) Scenic cruise. (B,L,D)|
|Day 13||HAINES/SKAGWAY ||HAINES/SKAGWAY Free time. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||Juneau||JUNEAU Free time. (B,L,D)|
|Day 15||Ketchikan||KETCHIKAN Free day. (B,L,D)|
|Day 16||CRUISING: INSIDE PASSAGE ||INSIDE PASSAGE Scenic cruise. (B,L,D)|
|Day 17||Vancouver||VANCOUVER Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. Schedule flights departing from Vancouver International Airport after Noon. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Gratuities for cruise are additional and paid on board ship. Cruise line non-commissionable fare, government taxes, and fees from $480 to $495, depending on ship/date, are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).